Friday, February 20, 2009

Man vs Wild

Wow…

My home is currently being invaded non stop…by little black ants that refuse to leave. I have set out three kinds of poison.. scrub and clean and wipe the damn counter top over and over…the march continues. It seems they don’t know this is supposed to kill them.. or at least discourage them sufficiently to go elsewhere….
The crap I got at walmart did little to ward the little bastards off so I went to home depot in hopes of finding something a little more robust. One of their associates was more than happy to help me find a few things and even offered special assistance in checking out, handling my purchases etc.

My oldest kid convinced me to leave shortly after finding what we needed, narrowly averting the dreaded up and down aisle after aisle lost for hours in delusional wandering…

Leaving home depot, Miranda wanted a slushy from the place in front of the store.. she remembers them fondly and had her heart set on one.. so we got her one and mariah was hungry but when given the choice preferred in ‘n out as opposed to the dog or smoked sausage on the menu there….

Shortly after getting our food at the burger place… a guy came up to our table, introduced himself and asked permission to pray for me. To pray for healing and relief from my pain. Healing for myself and for my family. Seems he was passing through…lives up in the Mariposa / Yosemite region and felt compelled to touch me. Hmm.
Thank you, Dave.

I must really look like hell…twice in the space of an hour or so, total strangers went out of their way to try and help me…
I’m wearing clean fresh clothes,, brushed my tooth…kids were very well behaved…
Geez.

In the wild the lame get eaten…
A limping or lagging herd animal is quickly consumed by a predator.
The culling of the weak ensures the survival of the stronger of the species…

Evolved are we?



Uhm..
Unsure what to think of yesterday.
Still processing…


Feedback is welcome…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to startle you, but I think you're getting a very good handle on this blogging thing. What a great post, complete with a clever title! You fucking rock.

Tom

Homeopath said...

Interesting blog......

Jessica (I've survived a brain tumor!) said...

Something to think about, for sure... Makes me think God sees your pain... Hears your cries... Have you read "The Shack"? I was thinking about it over the weekend and how you might enjoy it...