Monday, April 21, 2008

OK....

Just a quick blurb to tell about me besides the profile...

I'm 39 yrs old... live in central (?) CA, and have two daughters....
They are 11 and 15 yrs old, and they are great.. They do drive me nuts with all the normal things that teenagers drive their parents crazy with... But thats about it.

Not currently working, primarily due to a walnut sized tumor lodged in and on my brainstem near th fourth ventricle. (very, very buried) ...it's location means it ain't operable, but we can radiate and chemo it to shrink it...but thats all...no surgery.
It is believed to be benign, but nothing is sure at this point...

I am currently half-way thru a six-week course of radiation.
The experience with radiation seems to be about normal compared to what other patients and the technicians have described to me.

Some things don't work right all the time... today I feel good, but I have double vision pretty bad and it gives me a damn headache trying to focus... My legs are unstable today and have come out from under me a couple times... The floor rushes to meet my face...but its kind of a slow motion, almost controlled event. So far I haven't hurt myself...

Over all its been an enlightening experience in pain... I have Good drugs, and I am learning how to take them in ways that maximize the benfits they provide.

Now, having said all that...

Posts here may, from time to time, appear odd or ranting...bizzare even.

I'll blame it on drugs or pain or other chemical inducements...
Get out of jail free card?


Surely it isn't one of my own neuroses surfacing from the recesses of my dark grey matter.

1 comment:

Joe Crawford said...

Came over from your brother's place. Welcome to blogging!