Thursday, December 3, 2009

sinking one at the buzzer...

Asking my oldest yesterday how her sisters game went returned this freekin answer...

"She sank the winning basket (again) at the buzzer"...in a half "oh btw..." and "can u freekin believe it..." manner...

I've been in really bad shape for awhile and simply unable to attend her basketball games with few exceptions this year. I am grateful to her Mother for helping me attend the few games I was able to make it.

Miranda often attends her games in whole or part. Taking snacks and drink for Mariah and her team-mates..and a much needed ride home.

Mariah ~! The one I was so afraid was going to remain petite and soft spoken to her own detriment..has found her voice and is clearly speaking up.

She is still the smallest in stature on her 8th grade basketball team, but she is in mix, bumping and chesting the biggest girls out there... taking fouls and drawing them. Taking the ball away from giants and carrying it to the end of the court. freekin' aye gf ~!!
Watching her run from end to end on the court and push those girls oughtta the way is just great.

When I asked Mariah about it..why the hell she didn't tell me about it when she got home...She replied.."It's no big deal Dad"... Sheesh.. No big deal. - Runt.

I have no idea where she found any athletic ability. Surely not from me..or her mother.
I'm just happy she is pursuing something she has interest in...on her own. Not just mimicking the interests of mine or moms or whatever...

She's gonna be ok..

No comments: