Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chalk...

Chalk today up as....?

Hell I dunno...

Good day or bad?
I woke up on time...(for me, this means I was able to successfully pry my youngest out of bed in time to get her to school on time)

I promptly went back to bed and slept off and on the rest of the day.
I have an MRI tomorrow, and a trip to San Francisco Thursday and a wound care appt on Friday....it's probably good that I rested today.

One of the problems with these long periods of sleep is missing meds. When I get out of sync with my pain drugs and the pain gets ahead of me it can be ugly ...hard to get control of again.
Today was one of those days... I woke around 8:45 p.m. and hadn't taken pain drugs since this morning.... Even taking morphine and norco at the same time (which normally metabolize in 15-20 minutes) it was at least half an hour before I felt any relief. 30 minutes of crushing, sweating, cursing pain. Damnit I hate it when that happens... It just breaks the strength I need to push through. Makes me so tired...

Hopefully I rested enough today to get through this weeks appointments.

1 comment:

Jessica (I've survived a brain tumor!) said...

I'm sorry the pain got out of control... It's amazing how such a simple thing like taking your meds on time makes all the difference. And once you're in a "crisis", it's nearly impossible to get out! You probably did need all the rest from today with all the events lined up for the rest of the week.

I miss our chats and I think of you often.