Monday, April 13, 2009

What a great day….

My brother came for visit yesterday…
We went for lunch…
The first place we went was closed.. not a soul in the place, so we wound up at Applebee’s restaurant.

After waiting an inordinate amount of time for a table large enough for us, we conceded and accepted a booth. I thought it would have been a bit to crowded, as we had seven people in our group, but it was getting tedious waiting.

I was “lucky” to have the chair at the end of the table, which allows more elbow room, but ya gotta tolerate all the foot traffic around you. Then the server has to lean past you whenever she is pouring drinks or bringing food...so it ain’t all bad. ; )

My brother was accompanied by his awesome wife and child…a son 4 years old. This kid is wired for sound…he is so full of energy… seems at times more than his share. He is absolutely fantastic, completely lovable…very funny, very smart. But he reminds me of why I don’t want anymore kids. I am simply too old and tired… I couldn’t start over with any new ones… whew~! I love mine, and him, and kids in general. I just don’t have the strength for any little ones.

Anyhow… lunch was great.. the food and service were great. My kids got along well…which is cool ‘cuz they have been biting each other on the ass for days… over anything, everything, or nothing.. geez. (I’ve been ducking a lot lately).

We don’t often get to see each other anymore, especially all of us at once. My brother, his wife, kid…both of my daughters…it was really just very nice. I had a good day in the sense of managing pain and mobility, which means I was able to enjoy everyone’s company without my medical condition clouding up the day.

So anyway… This day can go in the really damn good column…In the long list of shitty days, mediocre days, good days, and days I don’t even freekin’ remember…yesterday is at the top of the list. Definitely one I would do again.

Overall my symptoms are becoming more and more manageable. I am walking without the cane more often. Pain is becoming more manageable. Hopefully this is a trend…and hopefully the upcoming tests and results will prove to be as positive.

1 comment:

Tom Bickle said...

Same here - we enjoyed the day too. Thanks for showing us a good time, you rock. Gotta do it again soon!