Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's Happening~ ? !

Update~?

Most recent MRI and subsequent follow-up with brain doc confirms tumor is stable (not getting bigger or any other life-changing changes). Now we fine-tune some meds to see what happens.
Next MRI is in 90 or so days, give or take a month.

The follow-up with my cardiologist says that I passed all my ticker tests. Fancy pics show only one small calcium deposit but nothing to worry about. Doc said I musta been eatin’ healthy food for alotta years, I think he has someone else’s pics. He says I should be taking some Vitamin D and maybe calcium and a baby aspirin once a day, but other than that, no meds recommendations or dietary changes.

My vision is fantastic now...no more blurry vision or double vision. I can walk a little better, usually without the cane now.

My Pain is mostly under control, although a number of break-through pain episodes have been pretty rough.

My daughters’ tests results have all come back basically clear, with all docs indicating nothing to worry about.

Seems like some the worst has settled, the “fog of war” battling this mass in my head has cleared somewhat. For now at least.

Now can I concentrate on walking? Driving?
If I get those back, even to a limited degree, I could have a piece of my life back. My poor kid, although she loves to drive, (even though she painted the right rear of my damn car with paint from the parking garage wall yesterday~! shit.) can get a reprieve from chauffeuring me around all the time. I wouldn’t feel so robbed of my independence.

A new road starts today. I still hurt like hell, but damnit I’m happy to be off that nasty piece of road I’ve been on.
I can finally breathe.

We bought a gas BBQ awhile back. I think we should celebrate by burning something on it. The girls love baby backs, and they stole the last rack of lamb ribs I had. Maybe that’s what I’ll get. It will be good practice for the weekend ~ !

3 comments:

Tom Bickle said...

Rock on, motherfucker! Here's to some good news!

Charlie said...

Sounds like good news... Hopefully, it'll continue.

Jessica (I've survived a brain tumor!) said...

Wonderful!!! I'm SO happy to hear that you are experiencing some relief and that you can see a light at the end of the tunnel!!! Super stoked for you, Cliff.