Monday, May 5, 2008

2:00 A.M. Monday morn...

And I can move...

Another active day today...

Went to The Relay for Life fundraiser thing in Manteca yesterday...some extended family invited some time ago, and I tentatively accepted the invite to participate...
The "tentative" part is contingent upon my ability at any given time to... do anything.

So when the time came, I was feeling well enough to walk, talk...etc, so off I went.

They had acquired a wheel chair, and my niece pushed me around the the track while.
It was fun, I got out of the house, met new people and was treated to hot dogs w/mustard (I love dogs 'n mustard) and a coupla energy drinks.

Today started out rough and didn't get any better until about 20 minutes ago.
My head hurts in ways that it has not hurt before. Much like a hangover headache, frontal lobe region...constant. Pushing to the back of my head and reaching for my ears.
It lingers still, just less intense.

Sunday I went to church with friends that have been inviting me for awhile, and again, getting out of the house is good for me, physically and emotionally. The walls get boring.
I unexpectedly met other friends thereas well, one of which is also dealing with a long term pain management issue. We chatted about drugs a bit, I am a newbie, and they have perspective that I do not.

A little later I made a trip to the grocery store... easy household chore...right?
Well... I ain't driving lately so when I can get a chauffeur I gotta get it done all at once.
Anyway... long day. Made it home. Put away perishables, than laid on the couch, drifting in and out of sleep until writing this.
Two days low level activity..tiring.


Back to the headache...
Its new. I dont like new. My UCSF docs have been down playing my condition. "No Prob..." "You gonna be around for years... "
Hmmm.

February...March...April. 6 weeks radiation - done.
Double vision ?, comes 'n goes. Balance ? comes 'n goes.
Pain...

I kinda expected to be making better progress by now. Looking back, I guess its only been 90 days or so since initial diagnosis... but the docs said no sweat...?
New headache? crap. I dont like new symptoms. I dont like not knowing what they mean.

I wanted to avoid chemo. new symptoms = more treatment? dunno. more treatment = chemo? dunno. I'm callin' the doc in the morning. ech.

I'm rambling in the wee hours of the morning,,,I'm doing here 'cuz everyone is asleep.


Look...The sunrise...

No comments: