Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grabbin' Gears...

and clutch... and shift...
There’s second gear.... were moving down the road now...I feel better.
I love it when the drugs kick in.


At this moment, Pain is now at an acceptable level.
You know how when you go to the doc or ER or whatever? They always ask you about your pain level? They give you the happy face 1 thru 10 chart and tell ya to point to where your pain is?
Well,,, I often wake to a 7 or 8...thats normal now. It makes me bitchy.
I can usually get it under control in a few hours…

If I can keep my happy face at a 3 or 4 during the day, I'm cool. No sweat.

When we get to the 8, 9, 10, 12, (usually daily) and I can't get it down it becomes a prob.
It changes my personality...I've seen it before with other people...The psychosis that happens with that kind of pain...Managing chronic pain.
I understood it, but only from an outsiders view...theoretically.
I have a new appreciation for it now.

I’m also learning about pharmaceuticals...The drugs they are giving me…How they interact with each other. How and what I eat affects the way my body metabolizes them.
Kinda becomes a science.
What happened to just poppin’ pills?

Anyhow..pain level is at a cool breezy ZERO now. I can see well.. no double-vision…
I might go for a drive. Gonna try walking to the corner first.

I think most people don’t quite fully grasp the impact not being to drive can impact your life. I have been to the point in that I could not walk… my writing looked like 1st grade crayon block letters and shaky at that. Scary and frustrating.

So when I can walk…write legibly, stand at the stove long enough to prepare a meal, it’s nice. Simple shit I might have bitched about having to do before.
Maybe not so much now?



Cliff

No comments: