Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rock On...

I just got home from 5 hideous days in the hospital from a still existing infection in my leg…


The slightest little scratch or whatever for me can turn into a life threatening condition overnight, and this one did. Unfortunately, the time in the hospital threw me off of my chemo schedule and I have yet to return. Oncologist sez finish antibiotic regiment and skip next oral chemo round and pik up one week from now and we’ll see what’s what… feels a little dicey approach to handling the treatment that is supposed to keep me alive but WTF.

These bouts of hazard wear me out physically for sure, but that also wear away the foundations of what mental health I have left, often bringing me precariously close to demise more often than I care to admit.



Today there is a (another)new dawn. There was a time when I was surely close to hell fire. My ex was fighting for custody of my beloved children, local law was constantly loitering about begging reason to carry my carcass off to jail, the bank was muttering of foreclosure and but for the church we would have been eating bugs and dirt.



I tell you I did not blink. Nor flinch. Nor soil my pantaloons.

I spoke with clear unwavering tone.

From the outside I appeared aloof.

Inside I was sure and confident. I wasn't going down without a fight.

If it was a fight you wanted I was ready to Bring It.

If you felt froggy, Jump. We'll go. No sweat.



Today screw you.
Today I have a second wind (thirty-second?).
Today I’ll bite’ya if you get to close enough.

Today none of these haunting things will better me.
Today none of you who dare challenge me will succeed. (my stupid ex is comin to town : )

Bravo huh?

He-he I sound like an old movie… “I’m mad as hell and I won’t take it anymore~!!”

(Well, I ain’t)
I’m comin back swinging, God knows I got enuf to swing at.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write well ...have you ever heard the song "going through hell" by Rodney Atkins? I lived by it when I was going through my cancer fight.. It does get better!

Tom Bickle said...

Atta boy! Fuck 'em, and feed 'em to the catfish! No prisoners! Damn the torpedos, FULL SPEED AHEAD! Onward!

And lotsa stuff like that there... You rock, me bruvva.