Saturday, March 13, 2010

Twice Told...

Well.....

As readers here should know, I have a brainstem tumor, diagnosed over two years ago.

This condition and the treatment of have left me with a weakened immune system and I recently contracted cellulitis in my right leg that required a stay (5 days) in the local hospital for a rigorous anti-biotic treatment.

Today I went to the same hospital for blood work related to my treatment(s).
Several of the technicians there recognize me readily due to my frequent visits for this blood work.
She related a story to me that my daughter found alarming. I found it curious and a little spookie.(yes "ie".)

She told of a visit she had to the same room that I occupied in my last stay.
The patient there shared similarities in his last name with my last name and he told of a phone call he received on the hospital room phone.

The female voice warned this to him, "Cliff Bickle - I'm gonna get you ~!", in a stern and sinister tone and hung up.

Kinda weird. Kinda creepy. Anyone that really knows me knows that such a call won't scare me in the least. Not on my worst day would I feel compromised by such an utterance.

I am intrigued by the thing. I am sooo bored. A rumble would liven up my day.
You better bring a big BIG stick.

It's clobberin' time~! (if i knew who to clobber dangit.)

Aah-well...

Until they peek out and show themselves again I just gotta wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do they treat that type cancer..