Monday, March 29, 2010

hello again...

Just blogging real quick to tell everyone all is well.

I just came home from Avastin treatment this morning, the second Avastin treatment since my brief stay at the local hospital for a bout with (of-?) cellulitis. (think boxing)

The POS pharmacy connected to the treatment clinic dropped the ball completely AGAIN and made me late AGAIN for a wound care appt scheduled for directly after the chemo appt.

Sufficiently late to require rescheduling for a different day. What a bunch of losers. Critical you say? Maybe so, but this is the second time and these morons are supposed to be professionals.

Anyway...Doc Onc (onc-ologist) sez a-o.k. for resuming Temodar.. leg looks good, blood work looks good, YOU look good... so there.
All systems go. A good thing right? Should mean keepin' me alive a little while longer right?
I hope so.

Today's Avastin hit me early. Made me feel tired already... woozy even while still in the chair gettin' juiced, so i ain't looking forward to next week's Temodar gauntlet.

Today i met a woman with a fairly new cancer diagnosis. Today was her first chemo treatment and she is scheduled to start radiation too... Ick. Radiation alone kiked my ass and doing i.v. chemo and full dose radiation at the same time will undoubtedly be gruesome. I refrained from telling her so. I reassured her that although she faced a horrific diagnosis, and that treatment would be at times unpleasant, that she would be o.k. That like me, she was being allowed a little more time with kids, (she has three) and that was a blessing. Her daughter, also driving her to and from doc appoints, treatments etc, is the same age as Miranda, within a few months.

When I left she was continuing her injection, and would be doing so for several more hours. Afterwards she was hoping to catch the bus to her radiation treatment.
Braver than I. Braver than I.

Anyhow... I think i'm gonna be more tired than usual from treatment in coming weeks, but other than that I'm good...
Soo, if I'm AWOL from blog for a bit, or otherwise slow to respond, I'm likely snoozin' someplace sleepin' it off.

Hope all is well for everyone....
For now, I'm Hangin' in there~!


Cliff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there..

I did chemo.radiation together... IT SUCKED..