Friday, April 2, 2010

i think ima junkie...

The bug in my brain makes me take a buncha dope to keep from running off into the sunset screaming and pulling my hair out.

The med of choice today is 75mlg's or so (a day) of morphine sulfate CR.
I think the "CR" is for "continuous release" or the equivalent.
It takes a little more time to metabolize than other "flavors" but has a half-life of about 12 hrs so I like it as a pain management tool.

Anyhow, if I lag on a dose or such the saturation level in my bloodstream gets low and I get all torn up. I feel tired and sore and yukky.

My tummy hurts and pain in general begins creeping back into every nook and cranny it can find. I feel flu-like and as if there were an entire little white box worth of baad chinese take-out in my belly. It gets hot and then cold and then hot again.

Then, I pop a coupla little bluish pills and inna few minutes ~ presto ~ I'm all better.

Magic. Right?

Sounds like a junkie to me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Actually, there is a difference between addiction and dependence. One is in the brain and one isn't. I dunno. Semantics maybe?

Either way, I'm o.k. with it, and that's all I hafta to sleep with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I feel for you.... I hate the meds I have to take as a post cancer patient... I actually had to take a pain med last week for my feet with the neuropathy... sometimes I feel that way to...