Wednesday, April 28, 2010

conflicting info...

soooo...

i just got the report from my latest MRI...
it sez that my tumor is "stable"... it means that the thing hasn't grown since the last MRI.

it means that the current regimen seems to be working.
(although when comparing to older MRI's, it is nearly TWICE the size it was in earlier pictures.)


the doc in charge of my current treatment has been, and continues to say...that the current meds are all that are really available for my tumor.

upon emailing the report from this MRI to my previous brain doc at UCSF, her reply was that she agreed with the current plan, but in the event this regimen ceased to control growth.. there were "a number of other drugs to try".. not discounting the possiblity of another round of radiation...which was previously decribed to me as a one time deal.. based on the total measure of radiation recieved...

sooooo... my treatment options went from zero to several choices/combinations.

crap.

don't get me wrong.. its good news.. just confusing.

like an old wooden roller coaster... up and down and bumpy the whole way through.
(sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need to show your current doc what your older doc said and say "whats up"