Thursday, April 15, 2010

update...

No real blog content here....

Nothing exciting or dramatic enough for me blog about...
I'm not going to blog about current political issues or headline happenings.
Just some cliffy home drudgery here...

I'll tell ya the chemo seems to be working, I can see, I can walk, and I can poop.
These are all things that make for a better day. Not having the ability to do these things make a persons day challenging..difficult.

My oldest continues her classes at the local JC and seems to be doing well, however she doesn't share with me as I would like her to. I'm not really looking for "Leave It to Beaver" wholesome family chats over a full dinner at the table and all, but it would be nice if we communicated better.

The younger girl has signed up for her 8th grade softball team, which surprises me and pleases me to no end. I love girls softball and love watching them play... Forget boys locker rooms reputations for bullying or meanness, softball girls plain scare me. They are tough. When Miranda was playing for a team in the All City League she was catching... her and the pitcher touched the ball every single play. She would dog those players without mercy. God help the poor runner trying to sneak in home. She'd catch that pitch and dare the runner on third to come on in. No words.. no talking. All body language. "Come on in, I'll get your A$$ ~!!" was heard loud and clear.

Mariah doesn't play the same way her sister did, which is good. I want her to be her own.
When she was much younger, (6-7?) I coached one of All City's first all girl softball T-ball teams.
I promise that was one of the greatest experiences of my life. That group of young ladies taught me far more than I could have ever taught them. I would jump at the opportunity to do that again and again.

Graduation looms on the horizon and I am grateful for having acquired a dress and shoes to go with it. That takes alot of stress offa my shoulders. Now hair appt, mani-pedi need scheduled, photos taken. I pulled off Mirandas graduation and didn't know what the hell I was doing. The stuff I didn't know how to do I called female friends for help with. I now have her to help with her sisters graduation for which I am grateful.
I am sure all the requisite teary eyes and some crying will occur...she's the "baby" and she's growing to damn fast. ahh well.....

I've been well enough lately that I was able to attend my Brothers stand-up performance at Hero's in Modesto last night. It was nice to get out..its helps muchly with the mental health problems associated with being stuck in this apartment so much.

We get occasional word from their Marine brother in Afghanistan...Talk of the war or that place causes them some stress, but all is well. The same techno-evolution that I decribe to them comparing no-remote-control t.v. with four channels that went off the air at 2:00 a.m. and pay phones to 200 channels of 24/7 satellite fed cable t.v. and internet capable cell phones allows him to call, email or IM letting loved one sknow he is alive. They are still nervous.

Well, I am off to rest...readying for tomorrows expected travels. A doc appt. maybe a haircut.
I'll look for a few more things to do while I'm out. I was out for a bit today and the sun felt good on my face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling a little human....

hugs

Tom Bickle said...

Good post man. I know these postings seem humdrum, but I was really glad to see it. Glad you're on the upswing, and thanks for making it out to watch me do some comedy.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at another. Rock on, bro!

Tom Bickle said...

WHen I said these posts "...seem humdrum," I meant that they can seem that way to the writer, but that I really value them. Bleah!