Saturday, April 24, 2010

what does it all mean?

maybe i shoulda waited.

last weeks' mri report sez my tumor is stable compared to the last mri (in dec).
however, the fking primates attempting the previous mri produced reportedly completely unusable images, so i fail to understand how any comparison involving said images is relavent to anything. so, i went back to the report on an mri performed at the same facility in oct '09.

the technicians' measurements indicate that my tumor was indeed slightly smaller when compared to october '09 measurements.
but i would like a wider...deeper perspective of my progress, or lack of. so i go get the report from the mri performed in july of '09. again, at the same facility. (yes i know... i really dislike these guys sometimes but i dont have alot of choices)

when compared to july images thing is nearly twice the size it was.
chemo was started after new growth was found following radiation treatment.

i dont believe we will ever get this thing reduced to the size it was after radiation.
the question is, can we stop it where it is with the chemo?

crap..

maybe i shoulda just waited for the doc to tell me what it all means



now, i'm just weighting.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

I am with you and hoping you feel better soon. I feel your pain also. I have chronic pain myself, and back in February they found a new tumor in my brain...been having constant headaches for 2 weeks..another MRI in the morning...

Be Well,
Charlie