Wednesday, July 23, 2008

still and again...

So... My “weeping edema”, “pitting edema” probs are back


So much so that the swelling is to the point the skin on my legs is shiny…glassy even.
Stretched to the point of feeling like it will tear at any moment….
Heat builds in my legs from the stretching of tissues. It hurts.

Weeping leg edema means a back up of pressure within the small veins and capillaries that drain a specific region of the body. It was first described when there was obstruction to the venous and capillary blood vessels draining the lower extremeties. When the pressure gets high enough, the thin walls of the small veins and capillaries become leaky allowing the water portion of the blood to leak out. This fluid fills all the spaces outside the blood vessels and eventually ‘weeps` out on to the skin.

It also leads to the build up of water on my ticker…left side heart enlargement…
The weeping also leaves concerns that there are solids left behind when the water portion of the blood is forced out…solids that can turn into clots.. in my legs or heart or lungs..
THAT could be dangerous.
I’m a mess.


Yes, I am taking my damn water pills.

No comments: