Thursday, June 10, 2010

all right.. that's enough.

all right, that's enough of this business......


a friend had planned to come over to help me with some odds and ends the last two days,
but a yukky sinus infection has sidelined her for a bit.

so when another friend called and offered to take me to lunch, i happily accepted.
he and i go to lunch from time to time, and it is therapeutic for us both.

it gets me out of the house, and we chat about life, and an assortment of other things...
he has suffered a significant back injury at work and faces chronic pain and debilitation from the injury so we have much in common.

however, today while sharing lunch, i started having some problems breathing...
very shortly i approached a level short of conscious and my friend elected to call the medics and they carted my happy ass off to the local hospital...again.

a couple breathing treatments, a few chest x-rays, an ekg thing, and a butt load of blood work, including a arterial blood gas, (ABG), which is usually very painful, but this lady was OFF THE HOOK.
i barely felt the deep vein injection... for which i was grateful, as these guys had already stuck me two or three times, including once in the ambulance.. i told that paramedic there was no was he would find his vein, but he HAD TO TRY!
she finished quickly and was sure to admonish to me... "Did you expect anything else?" . . . "I did about a hundred of these on your Mom.."
another small world moment.
it's been in excess of twelve years since her passing, and she remains in the hearts and minds of those she touched.
a few more hours of oxygen and observation and a phone chat with another of my docs and the local guy cut me loose.
the friend kind enough to feed my wretched soul was also kind enough to come fetch my bony butt from the hospital, although his wife drove...(i'm afraid that spoke to the impact to his frail back my day has brought to him)
he saw me to the door, and ensured i parked myself where i should
no making this worse now ~!
i resisted the urge to get up for drink or anything else for that matter....
i did what i was told and soon fell into slumber, despite napping well at the hospital
i was woken by another friend calling to make sure i was still above ground
and here i sit.
although respiration is still shallow, i am lucid for the moment and i'll take that
i''ll kick on the the oxygen concentrator and hope that i don't repeat this business anytime soon.

i did end the evening with a chat on the phone with my little one...
(although she's just not so little anymore)
she's an elusive bug... not always easy to get pinned down long enough talk to
that makes today a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.
I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come back
from now on. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great writing, have a nice holiday weekend!


Feel free to surf to my page :: トリーバーチ靴