Friday, June 18, 2010

finality...

i am home again...three days in the hospital this time.

the tumor in my head sometimes causes me to have difficulty swallowing food or drink.

of late, i believe occurrences of difficulty swallowing have triggered some sort of respiratory event, like constriction of bronchi or something.

last trip the ER doc offered to keep me or let me go home again...

as i seem to keep returning, i asked to stay in hopes of finding the cause..and maybe keep my ass alive a little while longer.

so they let me loiter around in one of their beds and later decided that they see some pneumonia in one of my lungs...

if they had looked close enough the first time i was there the risks following could have been avoided...

anyhow....

unfortunately, the last two weeks have left me exhausted..physically and emotionally.

i have to dig deeply to find strength to continue this . . . .


i don't know how to say goodbye.

2 comments:

Tom Bickle said...

You're in my thoughts, bubba. I can't find the words to say what I'd want to say, but if I could, I'd send you hope, support and love. "Hang in there" is the best i can manage.

Jessica (I've survived a brain tumor!) said...

Dear Cliff,
I miss you today!